Posted by Priya Singh on 21-Jul-2022 10:15 AM
As part of this collaboration, Log9 and Northway Motorsport will provide retrofit (ICE car to EV conversion) service for existing vehicles on the road on a request basis.
Log9 and Northway collaborated to create a converted electric vehicle with a 4-speed manual transmission.
The first electric commercial vehicle in India, with a 4-speed manual transmission, is unveiled at the Green Vehicle Expo in Bangalore. The EV was created by the well-known electric vehicle component business, Log9 Material and Northway, both of which are well-known in the field of powertrains and electric powertrains. The vehicle used in this modification is Tata Motors' renowned little truck, the Tata Ace.
It should be noted that the majority of the Tata Mini Truck's powertrain components, such as the differential and propeller shaft, have not been modified
The heavy Log9 Electric motor replaces the engine, and a new 4-speed gearbox from Northway replaces the gearbox. The main draw of this vehicle is its large battery and freshly installed gearbox, which has nothing in common with normal gearboxes. So let's have a look at them.
Log9 Battery: -
Log9 Materials' battery is in high demand, and most major electric vehicle manufacturers, including OSM, employ it in their vehicles. These batteries are powerful, charge quickly, and have the highest passing criteria.
• This vehicle receives a Log9 RapidX12000 battery to power the gearbox and transports up to a Ton of weight.
• Because it is intended as an LTO battery, it can operate in the most adverse environments. It has a temperature range of -45 to 60 degrees.
• The manufacturer offers an 8-year warranty
• The battery has a 73.6 V, 160 Ah capacity, and an IP 67 rating, ensuring that it is dustproof and waterproof.
• A D.C. fast charger can fully charge the battery in 45 minutes, which is exceptionally fast for such a large battery.
Northway Motor and Gearbox:
Northway Motors is well-known for developing electric car drivetrains. The company has excelled in the vehicle and produced a 4-speed manual gearbox in a commercial electric vehicle. It is the first testing of a manual gearbox in an ECV in India.
• The vehicle features a regular 4-speed gearbox and a large motor; the manufacturer did not alter the propeller shaft or the differential of the Tata Mini truck.
• The clutch is useless, and the company engineered it such that you can only shift gears while the vehicle is still.
• The vehicle is normally designed in third gear; the first two gears are only present if you have a large load that requires considerable torque to transport.
• If customers want it, the manufacturer promises that the vehicle will include a clutch function.
• The power output was not revealed during the Expo because it was only a prototype by the companies, but it will be announced soon as it will begin selling.
The vehicle is a fantastic advancement in this industry, and we anticipate many new advancements in the field.
Mahindra & Mahindra Posts Strong Growth in Standalone Net Profit
Despite the strong revenue and profit growth, M&M experienced a contraction in its operating profit margin....
15-Feb-2024 05:38 AMRead Full News
Urban Sphere Unveils Ivoryline 9m Electric Bus Series at SIAT Expo 2024
The Ivoryline e-bus is powered by a 180 kWh motor and a state-of-the-art 193.1 kWh LFP battery pack....
14-Feb-2024 12:25 PMRead Full News
Eicher Motors Ltd Posts Impressive Q3 FY24 Results: Consolidated Net Profit Jumps 34%
Eicher’s SCV vehicle is set for customer trials in April 2024, with a commercial rollout expected in the first quarter of 2025. ...
14-Feb-2024 07:04 AMRead Full News
Rapido Introduces New Subscription Model for Three-Wheeler Taxi Drivers
Since most auto rides in India are offline, Rapido sees this as a big opportunity for growth....
14-Feb-2024 05:00 AMRead Full News
January 2024 FADA Commercial Vehicle Retail Sales Report
The Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) announces a promising start to the year with a robust 15% growth across various vehicle categories....
13-Feb-2024 12:11 PMRead Full News
January 2024 FADA Three-Wheeler Retail Sales Report
In January 2024, the FADA retail sales report highlighted significant growth in 3-wheeler sales, with Bajaj Auto Ltd. leading the way. Electric vehicles also achieved imp...
13-Feb-2024 09:28 AMRead Full News
Mahindra & Mahindra Posts Strong Growth in Standalone N...
Urban Sphere Unveils Ivoryline 9m Electric Bus Series a...
Eicher Motors Ltd Posts Impressive Q3 FY24 Results: Con...
Rapido Introduces New Subscription Model for Three-Whee...
January 2024 FADA Commercial Vehicle Retail Sales Repor...
Registered Office Address
Delente Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
M3M Cosmopolitan, 12th Cosmopolitan,
Golf Course Ext Rd, Sector 66, Gurugram, Haryana
pincode - 122002
Receive pricing updates, buying tips & more!
COMMERCIAL VEHICLE BUYING BECOMES EASY AT CMV360
CMV360 - is a leading commercial vehicle marketplace. We helps consumers to Buy, Finance, Insure and Service their commercial vehicles.
We bring great transparency on pricing, information and comparison of tractors, trucks, buses and three wheelers.